Happy because we are celebrating the importance of CX but sad about the state of CX. The Forrester CX Index for the US just came out, and the news is not good—customer experience seems to be regressing in the homeland. Here are a couple of key findings from Forrester about 2017 versus 2016:
- Losses were broader and deeper than gains. Twice as many brands sank as rose.
- Excellent scores died off, while the number of poor scores increased. The number of brands in the excellent category fell to zero.
It is almost like CX reports can be updated without doing any new research by simply cutting and pasting previous years’ findings for stagnation or degradation. The root-causes for poor CX, per our own research (conducted through Forrester Consulting) are as follows:
- Different customer service agents give different answers (41%)
- Customer service agents don’t know the answer (34%)
- Can’t find answer on website (31%)
All the above causes point to a lack of knowledge management. eGain has some answers! We have been doing omnichannel knowledge management and AI-enabled process guidance for a while. If you are free on Dec 5, 2017, join us in Chicago at our Digital+AI Day. It is at Hyatt Regency O’Hare and 100% free to attend, even food and drinks are on us. It’s a great way to move not only CX but also AX (agent experience) and BX (business experience) in the right direction in 2018—see you soon in the Windy City!