About a year ago, we wrote a short story about the Trafalgar Square pigeons and eGain World London. Here’s what just happened: eGain World came back as eGain Digital Day London last Tuesday; the crowds were even bigger and the excitement even more palpable this year, despite a temporary shutdown of some of the London subway routes that go through that area!
This time round, the Curious Pigeon in our original story took some of its friends as well to the event and got wowed even more! Among highlights it experienced at the packed event were:
- Humor-laced keynote presentation by Ed Thompson, VP and Distinguished Analyst from Gartner, on big trends and best practices in digital customer engagement
- eGain CEO, Ashu Roy’s presentation on how businesses can quickly go from vision to value in digital CX, thanks to eGain’s GQV (Guide to Quick Value) approach that leverages technology, best practices, and people for agile value creation for the business
- EE’s presentation on the transformational value created by eGain Knowledge in the form of 37% increase in First-Contact Resolution (FCR), 43% reduction in agent training time, and 50% reduction in time to advisor competency
- HMRC’s presentation about their digital transformation journey with eGain
- eGain demo lounge, showcasing eGain solutions in action
- Best-practice presentations from eGain domain experts
- Breakfast, lunch, and cocktail reception, which were all packed with attendees (there were enough leftovers for the pigeons, too!)
The pigeons learnt a lot during the day and also found out how easy it was to get into digital customer engagement and create business value quickly with eGain’s unique Try+Buy expert-guided cloud trial in a product setting. Tired but still excited, they went back to their perches near Nelson’s Column to digest all the great food that they just had and the cool stuff they had just heard.
Rumor has it that having learnt how easy it was to transform digital CX quickly and safely, the pigeons have gone digital and stopped cooing, what they are supposed to do by nature, starting to tweet instead. Sorry, we just wanted to make digital CX easy and not really tweak nature!